What is Assistive Technology (or AT)?
Federal Definition ~ “Any item, piece of equipment, or product system, whether acquired commercially off the shelf, modified, or customized, that is used to increase, maintain, or improve the functional capabilities of a child with a disability.”
Do you want to learn more about assistive technology?
- Common AT Terminology
- Understanding Assistive Technology Basics - AT 101
- Center on Technology and Disability
- Center for Applied Special Technology (CAST)
- Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
- Wisconsin AAC Network
- MMSD's Instructional Technology Resources for general instructional technology resources
For more information about AT in MMSD, please contact:
- Joanne Grassman, Assistant Director of Student Services, AT Coordinator
- Anna Cliff, M.S., OTR/L, AT Specialist and Program Support Teacher for Assistive Technology, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carly Sandgren, M.S., CCC-SLP, Communication Accessibility Specialist, email@example.com.,us
- Jana Uhler, Literacy Accessibility Specialist (Accessible Educational Materials-Specialized formats/Bookshare), firstname.lastname@example.org
- General Inquiry or AT Questions? email@example.com