Our goal in MMSD is to ensure all students with disabilities receive their federally guaranteed free, appropriate public education (FAPE) in the least restrictive environment, thus promoting inclusive schooling. Student services advances a diverse, expansive continuum of services and placements essential for both IDEA adherence, and for realizing inclusive schooling.
Madison Metropolitan School District offers a range of services to students with disabilities requiring special education. Students are determined to be eligible by meeting state criteria in one or more state defined disability areas. Once determined eligible, an Individual Education Plan (IEP) is developed and students may begin receiving services. Students identified as having special education needs are eligible to receive services from birth to age 21. MMSD is committed to provide an equal educational opportunity to all children with disabilities within the district. Services are also available to students attending nonpublic schools. Language support and interpretation is available for families whose native language is other than English.
131 W. Wilson St., Suite 700
Madison, WI 53703-2716
2714 N. Dr. Martin Luther King Dr.
Milwaukee, WI 53212
16 N Carroll St. Suite 640
Madison, WI 53703
Letters to Parents regarding:
- Feb 2021 Re-opening Updates ~ Spanish~Hmong
- Nov 2020 Update on In- Person Services Nov. 25
- Nov 2020 Students Receiving In-Person Services ~ Spanish ~ Hmong
- Nov 2020 Q2 Changes and Updates ~ Spanish ~ Hmong
- Sept 2020 Updates and Resources ~ Actualizaciones y recursos
- May 2020 Extended School Year Services ~ extensión del año escolar ~ Hmong version
- March 2020 Supporting Students w/ Disabilities During Extended School Closure /Apoyo a estudiantes con discapacidades en respuesta al cierre prolongado de las escuelas
~ Staff Only ~
If you have questions related to our work and/or the contents of our website, please call (608) 663-8442.